Clash of Clans offers a monthly purchase called the Gold Pass. It includes exclusive rewards and perks geared towards speeding up your village upgrades and overall progress. But for around $6 a month, is it worth the cost?
What the Gold Pass Gives You
Let’s be clear about the benefits:
- Season Bank: Your loot won from attacks accumulates here, protecting it and making it easy to collect at the season’s end.
- Reduced Costs and Times: Building upgrades, research times, and training costs become way cheaper and faster.
- One-Gem Donations: Makes donating troops to your clanmates super cheap.
- Hero Skin: Each month brings a unique, limited-time cosmetic skin for your heroes.
So, Should You Buy It?
Here’s how to decide:
- Active Player: If you regularly play Clash of Clans, the Gold Pass provides crazy good value. The boosts will propel your village progress far faster than playing without it.
- Casual Player: If you only check in on your village now and then, the Gold Pass might not be as enticing. You won’t be around to take advantage of its benefits as much.
- Willing to Spend: $5 is a small price in the world of gaming microtransactions. If you’re ok spending a bit every month for in-game perks, the Gold Pass offers some of the best bang for your buck in Clash of Clans.
It’s Your Choice
Ultimately, the Gold Pass is a worthwhile investment for those who want a rapid boost to their Clash of Clans experience and have some discretionary spending money for games. Consider the benefits in relation to how you play, and see if it makes sense for you.